We are committed to protecting your privacy. The following information is meant to explain as clearly as we can what information we gather about you when you place an order and how we store and use that personal data over time. This policy covers all data shared with The Spirit Bottle, including information you give us via telephone and email.
It is important that you know we will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 & GDPR 2018).
We only collect information about you for two reasons: firstly; to process your order and secondly to provide you with the best possible customer service. We never pass on details of our customers to third parties other than:
- the courier that we use to deliver your parcels
- the post office
- the secure website hosting platform that we use to run our website
- a trusted third party goods supplier and only where this is necessary to complete your order successfully to your chosen timescale
- an IT company who support our website and other business systems
- sendemail.co.uk – the email marketing platform we use to send out our newsletters and special offers and only if you have expressly given your consent for us to send you emails.
For clarity, we do not sell or share your personal data with any other commercial organisations who may use that information to contact you about their goods or services.
The Spirit Bottle will not email you in the future unless you have:
- given us your explicit consent by opting into our email newsletter or special offers or
- when you have entered all of your details but failed to check out at the final step of the check out process. This is because some people think they have checked out when they have not.
- when there is something about your order that we need to contact you about e.g delivery method or availability of products
The type of information we will collect about you includes:
Your name, address, telephone number and email address which will be stored on our secure server indefinitely. Credit/debit card details are encrypted and therefore are not visible to our staff or anyone else. For clarity, we do not retain access to any payment information during order completion, on order completion or for any reason over time. We operate with secure access to all transactional areas of our websites and apps using ‘https’ technology. Access to your personal data is password-protected, and sensitive data such as payment card information is secured and tokenism is used to ensure it is protected.
We may use technology to track the patterns of behaviour of visitors to our site. This can include using a “cookie” which would be stored on your browser. You can usually modify your browser to prevent this happening. We don’t use this data to contact you through social media or pop ups on any of your browsers, we just use it to allow us to see how people move around our website and what they search for.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) gives you the right to access the information that we hold about you. Should you wish to receive details that we hold about you please contact us using the contact details below. Of course we will be very happy to delete all of your data from our systems if you would like us to and/or to stop us sending you new letters and offers. Please just contact us https://thespiritbottle.com/contact-us/