Mermaid Gin is handcrafted using ten ethically sourced botanicals. A smooth yet complex blend of the freshness of organic lemon zest, the grains of paradise and a hint of sea air from fragrant rock samphire. Their rock samphire is locally foraged from the space between the sea and the shore, the world of the free spirited mermaid.
Isle of Wight Distillery preserve the environment of mermaids by supporting marine conservation projects. Serving suggestion for Mermaid & Tonic: Fill a glass with ice, a generous measure of Mermaid Gin and a splash of Fever-Tree tonic. Simply garnish with juniper berries or a ribbon of cucumber and let the flavours shine through.
- Rock Samphire: Handpicked from chalk cliffs. Fresh citrus and hints of sea air.
- Organic Lemon Zest: Fresh vibrant citrus notes.
- Grains of Paradise: Smooth, warming pepperiness.
- Elderflower: Locally foraged, enhances and adds to aroma.
- Boadicea Hops: Spicy, earthy character. Grown at Ventnor Botanic Garden.
- English Coriander: Citrus flavour contribution.
- Angelica Root: Natural bonding agent for all botanicals.
- Liquorice Root: Adds mouthfeel and smoothness.
- Juniper: Core botanical in all gin.
- Orris Root: Fixative, holds the aroma of the botanicals.